Etah TourismThere are a wide number of historical sites in Etah, which include the temples and other important buildings. Many places nearby Etah, like Awagarh, Sakit and Qadirganj, are also home to several other local tourist attractions in Etah district. Tourism in Etah is not confined only to its beautiful places, but extends also to the popular fairs, festivals and foods in Etah. Etah is well linked to many important places to visit in Uttar Pradesh, which comprise Agra, Vrindavan and Mathura. A wide number of roadways such as the NH 91 and The Grand Trunk Road run through Etah. The Yamuna Expressway is also located close to Etah and New Delhi is situated within a driving distance of only about 3 hours (207 km) from Etah city.
Popular Tourist Spots in Etah
- Patna Pakshi Vihar is an interesting tourist destination nearby Etah located within 10 km from the city as a part of Jalesar tehsil in District Etah. It is a beautiful haven for many exotic species of birds. The Government of Uttar Pradesh had turned this facility into a bird sanctuary in 1990 and since then it is looking after the entire facility of this bird sanctuary near Etah. The temperature range here stays between 47oC and 4oC from summer to winter respectively. Winter happens to be ideal season to visit this bird’s paradise after the lake here is blessed every year with the heavy monsoon showers of India. Near about 200 species of aviators arrive at this sanctuary in winter, which gives a mesmerizing scene to behold.
ideal places for fun and entertainment in the localities of Etah
include Ghanta Ghar, Hathi Gate, Thandi Sadak and Mehta Park. Tangy
Indian samosas are the primary attractions at the Mehta Park. The local
people of Etah generally prefer these destinations for going out.
- Kachhala in Soron is located on the bank of River Ganga and is popular for its celebration of a local festival called the Shooker Mahotsava. People from Etah and other nearby places celebrate this festival on a grand scale.
Religious Spots in Etah
There are a wide number of well known historical places to visit in Etah most of which have religious significance. Some of these religious sites are the temples in Etah, which are –
- Kaali Mandir
- Kailash Mandir
- Janta Durga Mandir
- Pathwari Mandir
- Bada Jain Mandir
Here are some important features that one must note while on their visit to Etah.
- About 148 years ago Raja Dil Sukh Rai Bahadur constructed Kailash Mandir, which is an old Hindu temple. It is one of the famous local religious sites in Etah.
- The Noah Kera village is another important holy place nearby Etah, where Lord Sri Krishna wedded Rukmini. Rukmini is believed to be the incarnation of Goddess Lakhsmi, consort of Sri Vishnu.
- The famous school of Gurukul, which is known for its time-honored method of education with accommodation for all students, is another important local attraction in Etah.
- Vijayanagar and Soron are some other historic sites in Etah, which are famous among people coming to this city from far and near.
- The city of Patiyali is also an interesting place to visit near Etah for its importance as the birthplace of the famous Sufi versifier, academic and composer Amir Khusro.
- Awagarh is a small town near Etah where the tourists can explore the historic citadel of the ancient kings of Awagarh.
- Sakit is another city nearby Etah where people can visit an old fortification and an ancient mosque, which carry the three historically significant stone inscriptions of Akbar, Sher Shah Suri and Sultan Ghiyasuddin Balban.
Shopping in Etah
Etah has various types of shops, which sell garments and other locally made items. The Kasganj markets near Etah are popular shopping destinations for the local people here. The city of Awagarh close to Etah has many jewellery stores, shops for gold ornaments, shops selling sweets and clothing stores. The city of Jalesar located within close proximity to Etah is famous for items made of brass, which include the beautiful cast bells.
Hotels in Etah
Positioned at strategic locations nearby all prime facilities and major attractions in and around, the hotels in Etah provide accommodation, food and other essential amenities to the guests at moderate prices. These Etah hotels are situated within a stone’s throw from all the main transport facilities and are thus easily accessible from different locations in and nearby the city. Hotels in Etah include:
Dinesh Nagar, Etah - 207001
Nearest landmark: Bus stand on Agra Road, State Highway 31
Phone No: 05742233222
M/S Hotel Indraprasth
Railway Road, Etah - 207001
Mobile No: 91-9412734217
Hotel Maya Palace
G. T. Road, Etah - 207001
Amapur Road, Sidhpura, Sirhpura, Etah - 207246
Travel Agents in Etah
The travel agents in Etah offer all sorts of cost-effective services regarding tours and travels in and around Etah, which range from booking of air tickets, bus tickets and hotels to packages of sightseeing and short trips.
Vijay Nagar Colony, Etah
ASA Travel Pvt Ltd
Established in 1996
Nidhauli Road, Etah – 207001
Mobile No: 91-9456955333, 91-9837355242
Etah – 207001
Nearest landmark: Van Village Police Chowki
Mobile No: 91-8445335348, 91-9927964580
188, Shastri Chowraha, Station Road, Etah – 207001
Mobile No: 91-9412183328, 91-9999222949
Ashok Vihar, Patiyala Road, Etah – 207001
Mobile No: 91-9258308578, 91-9758066113
Kasganj, Kashiram Nagar
Amaapur Road Tiraha, Sahawar Gate
Sahawar, Etah – 207245
Mobile No: 91-9568175757, 91-5744242327
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 1